Healthier Pumpkin Pie
- 1 pie crust
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk any milk will work
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Make pie crust as directed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar (or regular sugar) almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, allspice and salt. Mix until well combined and completely smooth. Pour into pie pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is no longer jiggly. Check pie after every 20 minutes to make sure crust isn’t burning. If it is getting a little too golden brown, simply cover pie edges with foil or a pie shield.
- Allow pie to cool for at least an hour before serving. Pie should be kept in fridge once completely cool. Top with whipped cream or ice cream. Store pie in fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!