Carrie’s Famous Hominy Chili
If you haven’t gotten on the hominy bandwagon, DO. This chili is great!
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 can sliced, stewed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can hominy drained
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch over over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and green pepper to oil. Cook until just translucent.
- Add spices. Cook for one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook until flavors are melded and color deepens.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
- We didn’t use meat and the chili really doesn’t need it!
- We added frozen tomatoes, corn, and peas.
- We sprinkled sharp cheddar cheese and added a dollop of Daisy to the top.
- We made jalapeño corn muffins (with a dash of Old Bay and sprinkled with parmesan cheese) to serve with the chili.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!