- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 14.5 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed
- 1 cup sweet corn drained
- 1¼ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 lime cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender on the outside, 10 to 12 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in black beans, corn and ¾ cup cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Scatter the remaining ½ cup cheese on top. Cover the baking dish with foil, bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil, bake until the sweet potatoes are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Top with scallions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Adapted from EatingWell.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!