Servings: 4 -ish
- 1 Griddle
- 1 Sheet Pan
- 4 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 large head green cabbage
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil divided
- 26 oz marinara sauce
- ½ Cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan grated
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella ¼ think
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut butt off cabbage, then cut cabbage lengthwise into 1"- 1½" thick slices, making sure to keep layers intact. Season one side with salt and pepper.
- In a large griddle over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Arrange a single layer of cabbage slices on griddle, seasoned side down. While cooking, in a small bowl, mix garlic, 2 tablespoons of basil, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Brush top of cabbage slices with garlic mixture. Continue to cook for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully flip and cook on garlic side for another 7 minutes. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon marinara sauce on each cabbage slice leaving a small gap around the edge. Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano. Top with 2 slices mozzarella.
- Bake cabbage until cheese is melted and bubbly, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Top with basil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!