- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 8 oz 96% lean ground beef sirloin
- 8 oz sweet Italian turkey sausage casings removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups 8 oz freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 5 oz baby spinach
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook 2 minutes shy of al dente, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large, straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the beef and sausage. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon into crumbles, until cooked through.
- Add the shallots are garlic to the skillet, cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the tomato puree and black pepper, to season. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 minutes to thicken.
- Transfer the cooked macaroni to the skillet. Before stirring, add the Parmesan and mix well.
- Before stirring, add the Parmesan and mix well. Stir in the mascarpone and spinach, cooking an additional 3 minutes until heated through and spinach is wilted. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!