Roasted Green Beans with Beets, Feta, and Walnuts
- 2 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 pound fresh beets trimmed, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- ½ cup sliced shallots 4 medium
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup broken walnuts
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese 2 ounces
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. In a large roasting pan combine green beans, beets, and shallots. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until beans and beets are tender, stirring once or twice and adding walnuts during the last 10 to 15 minutes of roasting.
- To serve, transfer roasted vegetables to a serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese.
Source: Better Homes and GardensBetter Homes and Gardens
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!