Corned Beef and Cabbage Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 corned beef brisket 3-4 pounds
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 ½ – 3 cups water
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled & quartered
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage cut into wedges
- Chop onion into large chunks and place in the bottom of a 6 qt slow cooker. Top with corned beef and seasoning packet.
- Pour water into slow cooker until it just about covers the corned beef. Add garlic and bay leaves.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- After the initial 3 hours, add potatoes and carrots to the slow cooker.
- Two hours before serving, add cabbage wedges to the slow cooker.
- Remove corned beef from slow cooker and let rest 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!