Tuscan Style Chicken Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced peeled and minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 stick celery sliced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes peeled peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 14 oz cannellini beans washed and drained
- 2 chicken breasts cubed, 1in
- 2 Cups chopped kale
- Small bunch fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes on a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until done.
- Add the celery, carrots and potatoes, stir, then add in the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the drained cannellini beans and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add the kale. Stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes until the kale has wilted. Test and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with fresh parsley and grated parmesan
Adapted from Nicky’s Kitchen SanctuaryNicky’s Kitchen Sanctuary